Monday 7 January 2013

New Year, New Beginnings


Nakhon Sawan (TAT photo)

Happy New Year from Kao Jai and all our contributors! During 2012, I was lucky enough to have a great team of ‘guest bloggers’ who very kindly filled in for me while I was on an extended overseas sabbatical (sadly, not to Thailand!) And while I regret that I couldn’t be writing about my favourite place in the world personally, I could at least relax in the knowledge that Kao Jai Thailand was regularly updated with fascinating and entertaining articles from Thailand insiders and experts sharing their knowledge and passion for the Land of Smiles.

Special thanks to John Borthwick, Roderick Eime, Kerry Van der Jagt, Cynthia Barnes and Belinda Jackson for stepping up to the plate when I screamed for assistance!

It’s been almost a year since I last visited Thailand, and it hasn’t been easy being away from its beautiful people and scenery, great food, blissful beaches and of course my beloved elephants! But hopefully 2013 will bring me more time in Thailand, and more time to write about my second home.

In the next few weeks, I plan on overhauling the design of the blog, so look out for that; and I’ll also be starting a series of ‘insider tips’ from both Thai nationals and ex-pats living in various parts of Thailand.

Thanks to all my readers for sticking by me and sharing my love of the wonderful, crazy and beautiful country of Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment